Thursday, June 17, 2010

E.L.F. Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 - Review and Swatches

A few days ago I purchased some of the Tinted Moisturisers from www.eyeslipsface.com. I got three different shades to make sure that I could mix and match to get my perfect colour. And there lies my first complaint! The colour range, in my oppinoin, is kind of poor. There are seven different colours of which four are for fair skins (ivory, apricot beige, rosy beige, light beige) two for medium tones ( honey, spice) and one for darker skins (toffee).

I purchased rosy beige, honey and spice:



 As you can see from the swatches above, the rosy beige is a tad too light and the honey is just a little too dark. But I found that if I mixed these two together in equal amounts, the result was pretty good!

 I used my MAC 130 brush to apply the TM, and it worked great. I will say that on a scale from one to ten in terms of application and blendability (is that a word, ha ha) the ELF tinted moisturiser is a good 6. Its not horrible, but not the greatest either :)

One of the good tings about this TM is that it's highly pigmented, so you only need a tiny amount to cover your face. And that is a plus since there is only 0.42 oz of product in the tube. But for $1/£1.5 it's a pretty good deal, I think.

The finish is quite natural, althought I have been noticing that I tend to get a little bit more oily in the T-zone when I'm wearing this than without. And I have dry skin, so for me to get oily says a lot. Therefore I would be cautious using this particular TM on oilier skin types.

Lastly I just want to point out that I didn't find this product lasted very long on my skin if I didn't set it with powder. And that seems to me to defeat the purpose of using a tinted moisturiser to begin with?! But maybe that's just me?

Overall I would repurchase the ELF Tinted Moisturiser, just because it's a decent product at a great price. But nex time, I think I will try out some of the other colours, just to see if any is a better match for my skin tone :)

I hope this review was helpful!
Love, Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment