Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review: RIMMEL Sexy Curves Mascara – For Full Volume and Curve??? I don’t think so…

As I was on the hunt for a new mascara I decided to try the RIMMEL London Sexy Curves Mascara. The RIMMEL mascaras are quite reasonably priced compared to other brands, so I figured why not give it a go?

RIMMEL Sexy Curves Mascara

First off, I really like the brush! It’s a plastic wand with kind of small bristles and it’s shaped in three bumps or as RIMMEL describes it: triple plump. LOL J The amount of mascara deposited on the brush is really nice, it’s not caked on or clumpy, which is a plus when you’re trying to for avoid the “spider” look.

Beneath I have posted pictures of my lashes bare, with one coat and with two coats of the mascara.

                                      
My bare natural lashes

One coat of the Sexy Curves

Two coats of the Sexy Cuves


I have to say, that I’m a bit torn about this mascara. On one hand I really like it for achieving natural looking healthy lashes (i.e. ONE COAT), on the other hand I totally dislike the quite clumpy look TWO COATS give! Furthermore I found that at the end of the day, I had mascara leftovers all underneath my eyes, euwww…

Mascara crumbles under my eyes at the end of the day...

As for the promises of full volume and curve, I really can’t agree with either. Well, if your definition of full volume is clumpy spidery eyelashes, then this mascara is spot on, if now I would stay clear of this. In regards the to curve effect I can only say that the mascara holds the curl made by my eyelash curler, but it doesn’t add any curl itself.

If you want yo check out my YouTube video where I test this thing out for the first time, click below:




All in all an average mascara, that I don’t necessarily want to recommend ;)

I hope you are all doing well!
xoxo - Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment