Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Konad and Essie Bermuda Shorts

Yeaterday I bought my first Neon nailpolish - Bermuda Shorts from Essie. I just spotted it in my local department store, and was sold! It's a really bright, vibrant neon fuschia with just a hint of purple. I don't own anything like it. 

The Bermuda Shorts applied really well and dried really fast. I didn't find and streaking or difficulties :) It was opaque after just two coats which I like since I don't have the paintence to wait around for my polish to dry!

Since I'm not used to wearing such bright colours I decided to tone it down by applying a Konad stamp ontop. I choose a small lace design and placed it diagonally across my nails. I really liked the outcome! The only thing that kind of bugged me, was that the Konad stamp sort of changed colours once I applied a topcoat (see the picture down below). I just hadn't seen it coming, but I still like the result... 

ESSIE Bermuda Shorts, KONAD special polish in White, KONAD Stamping Plate nr. m57









This is how it looks without a topcoat on. You can clearly see the satin finish of the neon nailpolish, and also the konad stamp is a lot more vibrant and white. As you can see in the pictures above, putting a top coat on makes some of the background colour transfer onto the white, turning it pink. I don't particularly mind the result, I just hadn't expected it :) So just a little heads up!

I hope you are having a fabulous time!
xoxo, Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment